National Level School ICT Championship for General Education Competition
The “National Level School ICT Championship” Competition was started in 2009 as the only official National level Competition in the General Education sector conducted by ICT Branch Ministry of Education. The competition organized by Sri Lanka Association for Software Industry and Computer Society of Sri Lanka up to then also amalgamated with this competitions. The competition has been planned this year for the second consecutive time.
The competition was initiated with the objectives of,
* Popularize ICT in Sri Lankan school sector.
* Provide opportunity to Sri Lankan student and teachers to show their talents.
* Provide opportunities to winners to take part in International ICT Competition
* Provide official and standard certification to winners for their future studies & careers.
The competition is held under the following categories.
A) National level school software competition (conducted by Computer Society of Sri Lanka via on line)
- Competition is held on two age group categories and preliminary test is conducted paper base
- The student participants should have basic knowledge in C/ C++/C#/ VB.Net or Java and the participants have to develop computer programs on line and the evaluation also done in the same manner.
B) Young Computer Scientists Competition (Conducted by Sri Lanka Association for Software Industry)
The competition is held under two age groups. The following events are included
Age group (over 10 years – below 17 years)
o 3D Computer Graphic Presentation
o Computer Applications
o Computer Gaming Applications
o Embedded Systems
Age (over 17 years – below 20 years)
o General Application
o Embedded Systems
o Robotics/ Vision Based applications
C) Innovative Teachers' Competition for teachers and teacher trainees (Conducted by ICT Branch, Ministry of Education)
- Teachers of Government and government approved private schools and pre-service trainees of National College of Education eligible for this competition.
- Teachers' competition consist of the events of 3D Computer Graphic presentation and Interactive, Electronic teaching learning tools where as teacher trainees' competition consist of the event of Interactive, Electronic teaching learning tools.
- Circulars and posters including rules and regulations, details of competition and important dates have been distributed to school through provincial and Zonal level authorities.
- Winners will be awarded with fabulous prizes and recognized certificate will be awarded by ICT Branch, Ministry of Education.
For further details,
Ministry of Education
Tel/ Fax – 011- 2785821